I'm a new grad FullStack Developer, soon to be joining Factset Research Systems as a fulltime Software Engineer in February 2018. Though my career aspirations are in technology, I've been interested in literature and music as far back as I can remember, and I try to approach software development as a similar type of disciplined art.
• Updated existing and exposed new RESTful services with C++ and Perforce version control.
• Aggregated C++ services onto diagnostic fullstack application using Angular, TypeScript, Gulp, Karma-Jasmine unit testing, and Git.
• Followed Agile methodology with weekly sprints to complete project that saved worker-days of time with every use and presented it.
• Completed Java application to monitor MongoDB nodes’ stats and log them using log4j and JDBC Mongo Driver.
• Wrote Java program to help migrate cache from JBoss to MongoDB to eliminate technical debt.
• “Best Overall Software Project” in Data Analytics competition for Python app that visualizes similarity between FX rates time series.
Held weekly office hours and recitation sections to assist students taking Computer Science III (Software Development), tutoring them on design patterns, advanced object oriented concepts, and helping them debug.
Apart from Software Development, I develop music (rock and electronic) and creative writing:
Full-stack Python/Flask and Bootstrap app that scrapes for dog images, scans them through Clarifai API to get keywords to construct cute messages. Users can vote for their favorite images and see what qualities others vote for.
Chat app written with NodeJS, SocketIO, Mongoose/MongoDB, and Express with private messaging and chat-log-saving functionality. Hosted on Heroku.
Full-stack app made with Java/Spring Boot on the backend and ReactJS on the frontend side, connected to a MySQL database. Allows users to visualize metrics that measure likelihood of districts in US states having been gerrymandered, such as Efficiency Gap, Compactness, Consistent Advantage, and Lopsided Wins. Also allows users to create new, fairer "superdistricts" of their own or the application's creation.